Monday, September 22, 2008

It Lives!

The Big Dummy is alive, my friends, my fiends. Picked it up Friday from the kind gents at the shop, who were all agog and full of questions about the new rig. Like: "Damn, dude! Where are you going to take this thing?" Which is a good question. I mean, mostly I just want to haul the dogs around in it, but... where? Alaska? Tierra del Fuego? So now, in between tiny spurts of work (and dreaming about the coming cyclocross season), I imagine grand trips into the wilderness, the dogs' floppy ears a-flopping in the wind as they snorfle in the saddlebags. 

I also imagine free money. And universal healthcare.

Pics of the full machine are on the way, once my daydreams break. The biggest trip so far was on Saturday: 
  • to the shop for some shiny white bottle cages and toeclips (with which much strapping of cargo will be done)
  • to Home Depot for three boxes of cap nails for a near-future roofing project
  • and to the Whole Foods (or as my friend Chivers just called it, "White People") for 384 ounces of soy milks and juice, plus some bread and a box full of eggs. 

Packed well, packed tight, and put on my bike. Check the results of my delicate riding style:


Another sideshow: I'm a new preacher of the streets. Everywhere I stopped, people asked me what I was riding, how much it could haul, and where they could get one. There was some laying on of hands, some preaching to the choir, and an awful lot of amen. 

1 comment:

kruzenshtern said...

nice eggs, man.

you've obviously yet to attempt a power slide into your new congregation. give it a try, with a dog or two on the back. come on, i need to know how that thing handles.

oh, and i heard that playing cards in the spokes will also turn some heads...? just an idea, if you're out there recruiting..